Wednesday 1 February 2017

Chistmas card challenge week 4



Hi there,

This might seem a little weird but if you are love crafting and are a little low on mojo, like I am sometimes there are heaps of challenges out there.

I stumbled across a few Christmas card challenges. These are to keep you working on your Christmas cards all year round. No more rushing to finish them towards December, especially cool if you need to send a few around the world like me. Also every card is original :) Love that too !!

I found some challenges on line. Some give you a sketch or colours to use and other just ask to share your card. If you upload your card you could even be chosen as week winner :)

So I made a card, without checking out any of the 'rules'. Stuff laying about and Christmas I wanted to throw out but not sure what to craft with it either.

You can check out the following blogs for some of the challenges, or you can join me in a new challenge.

http://52weekstochristmas.blogspot.nl/
A dutch blog, with a sketch up for this week.

http://christmascardchallenges.blogspot.nl/
A blog with a word challenge which is handy if you need inspiration but you don't have to use it is you don't need any.

http://52cct.blogspot.nl/
CCT is short for Christmas Card Throwdown. They have a cool colour challenge up this week.

So here is my Christmas card.
I used coloured card, it goed from light to dark and depending on the light its either brown or purple.
I made glistening snowflakes with gluing them and letting it dry. This you can probably see best on the bottom photo. I used some burlap from an old piece of decoration used on a bunch of flowers. I used a piece of Christmas fabric and stamped on it. The deer was already there LOL Two little wooden stars on string, knotted together and stapled to the card.


A close up of the stamped fabric.

A close up of the text, which could have been better. I guess I need more practice with writing.

I guess I could make a sentiment, to print...I used to be pretty good at that....Hold on a minute.....let me see what I can 'whip up' ....

How is this ?

The fonts used here are Showcard gothic and Lost in Wild. Both free fonts found online. You can download it here if you want it....you are welcome. Click -> HERE. The download is a PNG file. You can print, trace or colour it.

Hope you have fun with this.

Back soon !
Jacquie




No comments:

Post a Comment